Typical computer configuration
- Dell Windows-based Desktop (Windows 7 64-bit):
1.8 GHz Intel i7 processor (typical, specifics may vary)
- approximate 4 GB RAM, 320 GB or larger hard drive,
Internal DVD/RW (plays or writes CDs and DVDs)
19" flat panel monitor
- Apple Macintosh Desktop (OSX 10.9 - Mavericks):
Macintosh 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac (typical, specifics may vary)
- approximate 4 GB RAM, 500 GB or larger hard drive,
Internal DVD/RW drive (plays or writes CDs and DVDs).
- Laptops are sometimes available, though typically not as fast or fully-featured as desktop computers. Let us know if you are interested in a laptop, and we'll see what we can do.
Networked laser printers are located in convenient shared locations throughout academic buildings and in all Division offices. Networked color printing is available in Division Offices. You can print to all these locations from your office computer. High-resolution/large-format (up to 42"wide) printing is available for a fee in the Multimedia Development Lab (MDL) (Hunter Conservatory 108).
All hardware is sufficient for general use, which would include email, web browsing, word processing, spreadsheets, powerpoint, basic image editing, etc. If your needs are more advanced or unusual, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs as much as possible.
In order to prepare for your arrival, please fill out our Visiting Faculty Technology Request Form.
If you have any questions, or would like additiona information, please contact the appropriate WCTS Instructional & Learning Technologist for your Division.