IMS will provide the following support for external groups:
- Set-up your event 30 minutes prior to the start
- Provide a presenter remote (for a fee)
- Guarantee one support person on weekends and after business hours (after 5:00pm Monday-Friday). Outside groups are required to have a technician for the duration of the event, this includes an extra 1/2 hour for set-up and take down. The technician fee is $50/hr.
- Provide a laptop for presenting (for a fee)
- Provide a data projector (for a fee)
- Set-up room lighting
- Provide audio reinforcement with one of the following: (fees apply)
- Lectern microphone
- Wireless lapel microphone
- Wireless handheld micrphone
- We can provide a combination of the three for larger events that require additional sound suppor
What we don't provide for external events:
- Videotape events
- Bring in additional lighting
- Provide more than one support technician
- We will not advance your presentation slides or be responsible for sound cues
- We will not set-up the 15' portable screen or provide sound reinforcement that isn't built-in to the venue
- We can't guarantee a support person during business hours (our goal is always to provide academic support first)
- If we are unable to provide support, you will need to provide a technician to get trained. You will be billed for the training at a rate of $45/hr
IMS does not schedule external groups. If you need to schedule a space for your event, please visit the Conferences and Events page. Please do not email or call IMS if you're an external group. All correspondence should happen through Conferences and Events.
Equipment fees for external groups
External fees apply to any group hosting an event that is not Whitman sponsored. If using technology, an IMS support technician is required for the event duration at a rate of $35/hr.
|AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT||FEE||REPLACEMENT COST|
|Laptop (PC & Mac)||$150||$1700|
|Portable projection screen||$50||$500|
|Wireless presenter remote||$10||$70|
|Portable voice recorder||$15||$125|
Equipment is checked out on a per day basis. If equipment is lost or damaged during an event, the external group may be required to cover the replacement costs.
**Please note that Whitman College academic events will always take precedent over non-academic**