Use the links below to access Whitman College Knowledge Base articles on topics related to online, hybrid, and in-person instruction.
Upgraded smart classrooms: ready for in-person, hybrid, and online teaching and learning
- Smart classroom technology how-tos: Your gateway to instructions and tips on using smart classroom technology.
- Canvas-specific pedagogical tips for teaching online and hybrid/hyflex courses can be found on the Online Teaching and Learning Resources for Faculty Canvas site
Video for instruction and office hours
Screencasting - Making a video of your computer screen
Recording your Screen for Online Instruction
Adding accessibility to your online instruction videos and lectures
Video transcription, closed captions, and subtitles
- More resources on using video are available on the Online Teaching and Learning site for faculty found in Canvas.
Storing documents and videos related to online instruction
- Whitman College Guidelines for Online/Cloud Storage
- Sharing videos with your students: YouTube? Google Drive? Canvas?
- More resources on how to make documents and videos available for students can be found on the Online Teaching and Learning site for faculty found in Canvas.
Your workspace, your computer
Information on setting up your work from home office station
Whitman College Work From Home Info
Keeping Windows (Dell) computers updated- must be done by the user when working off-campus
Manually update Windows computers
Student access to your courses and to technology
FAQ on the August 2020 student technology survey
(FAQ created by AITAG)
- Students in China and WhitMail, GSuite (Google Docs, Drive, etc), and videos
If you have further questions about working with online instruction tools or software, please contact us!
Whitman College Technology Services Help Desk Page: https://www.whitman.edu/technology-services
Additional resources can be found at the Whitman College Coronavirus FAQs page