Best done well before you arrive at Whitman:
... it's not the end of the world if you don't do these things, but it will make your life far easier if you do:
- Your Office Computer: Information on getting and setting up your office computer.
- Using Email Information on accessing your email, controlling junk mail, and working with listserves.
- Supported Software: Software available from and supported by WCTS..
As or before you arrive at Whitman:
- Activating Your Account: As soon as you recieve your account information, you should activate your Whitman account. This will allow you to access your Whitman email, check registration and financial aid information via CLEo, and use complementary services such as Google Drive and Office 365. You will need to have your 7-digit account number ready in order to activate your account.
- Your Faculty ID Card: Your Whitman ID card allows you to access buildings, as well as to make charges to your Whitman account from several on-campus locations such as the bookstore and dining halls.
- Your Office Telephone and Voicemail Information on setting up your office phone and accessing your voicemail.
Now that you're at Whitman:
- Canvas: Accessing it, setting it up, and using it: here's our guide for you. Here's Canvas itself.
- myWhitman: Faculty may review their class rosters, schedules, and advisees' information via QUACK.
- Classroom Technology: Learn about the many classrooms on campus that are "smart", equipped with computers, projecters, and other technology.
- Technology Equipment Checkout: WCTS has equipment such as camcorders, wireless keyboards, and more available to checkout.
- Copyright and you
- Need More Help? Contact the WCTS Help Desk by calling 4976, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a ticket via my.whitman.edu/support