As a new student arriving at Whitman, there are a few general procedures, practices, and services that you should be aware of. Follow the links below for more information.
- Activating Your Account: As soon as you receive your account information, you should activate your Whitman account. This will allow you to access your Whitman email, check registration and financial aid information via CLEo, and use complementary services such as Google Drive and Office 365. You will need to have your 7-digit account number ready in order to activate your account.
- Your Student ID card: Your ID card allows you to access buildings including the library and your residence hall, as well as to make charges to your account for things such as dining hall meals and bookstore purchases.
- Bringing a Computer and related technology to Whitman: Many students choose to bring a personal computer to Whitman. Follow the link on more information about buying a computer, campus computers, and which software to install.
- Protecting Your Computer: Important information on backups, viruses, updates, and more.
- Internet and Campus Network: Information on the wireless and ethernet connections available from all on-campus residences. Follow the link for information on registering and connecting to the network.
- Student Jobs with Technology Services: Application forms and information regarding technology services jobs available to students.
- Need More Help? Contact the WCTS Help Desk by calling 509-527-4976, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a ticket via my.whitman.edu/support