While most of us work from home, it is important to continue to keep our computers up to date. WCTS is not able to automatically push updates to Windows (Dell) computers when they are off campus. We are asking you to manually run Windows updates at least once a week to keep your computers updated with security patches.
1. In Search field enter “Check for Updates”
2. Click Check for Updates button
3. Follow prompts to download and install updates. If restart is required, make sure to save your work prior to restarting
1. Click the Start/Windows icon
2. Open Settings (gear icon on the left column)
3. Click on Update & Security
4. Click button to Check for Updates
5. Follow prompts to download and install updates. If restart is required, make sure to save your work prior to restarting
NOTE: As of 7/6/2020 the latest Windows update is a Feature update to Windows 10 (business editions), version 2004. This update may take a while to appear to be downloading. As soon as you see Status: Downloading - 0%, it is working. A restart will be required after installation.