For Faculty and Staff:
So I have a new telephone. How do I ...?
place a call?
- Lift handset OR Press the “New Call” softkey
- Dial the 4-digit extension for on campus calls
- If you are calling a non-local landline or mobile phone, dial 7 + 1 + area code + phone number.
place an emergency call?
- Dial 9-1-1 (no prefix needed)
access call history (list of missed calls, received calls, and calls that I've placed)?
- Press the "Directories" button on your phone, you will see missed calls, received calls, placed calls and a corporate directory.
- Press missed, received or placed calls. You will see the last 99 calls in the category.
look up a campus phone number?
- Press the "Directories" button on your phone. Corporate Directory is one of the choices.
- You may choose to look up any faculty or staff member either by First Name, Last Name, or both.
- Dial a name, into the chosen field, by pressing the corresponding number assigned to each letter. For instance, to search for George you would dial 4,3,3,6,6,6,7,7,7,4,3,3; where 4=G and 3,3=E, etc.
- Push the "Search" softkey to search for matches in the directory
- Use the up & down arrows to highlight the correct listing
- Choose the "Edit Dial" softkey to display the phone number
- Push the "<<" softkey to remove the + sign in the phone number and then push the "Dial" softkey to place the call
put a caller on hold?
- Press the "Hold" button or softkey.
- To reconnect, press the same button/softkey. On multi-line phone, press the line button.
transfer a call?
- Press the "Transfer" softkey, dial the phone number you would like to transfer to, and press "Transfer" again.
- Press the "Fwd All" softkey, dial the number you want to forward to (the softkey will change to "Fwd Off").
- If you are forwarding to a non-local landline or mobile phone, press 7 + 1 + area code + phone number.
- If you want calls forwarded to your voice mail, press "Fwd All", then press "voicemail" button.
- To deactivate call-forwarding, press the "Fwd Off" softkey.
set an automatic "vacation message" greeting?
- Connect to your voicemail.
- At the main menu, press 4 for setup options.
- Press 1 for greetings.
- Press 2 to turn on your alternate greeting.
- Follow the voice prompts.
- Exit or hang up.
- To de-activate: repeat these instructions.
Advanced Telephone Features - including "how to choose your ring tone"
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.